Discover Gujarat’s Natural wonder – The Rann of Kutch!!
Kutch, is almost synonym to The Rann of Kutch. It is the giant wastelands, salt desert, and the fountainhead of cultures, ancient cradle of civilization and much more.
The Rann of Kutch is calm, charismatic and enigmatic. It is an oasis in an otherwise deserted village of Dhordo which is 85 km from Bhuj is the host to the Rann Utsav. A festival that celebrates art, culture, colours and beauty of Gujarat under one roof.
Best time to visit Rann of Kutch
The favourable time to visit Rann of Kutch is between November and February when Rann Utsav is held. Each year this incredible tent city is perched on this arid, barren cracked land. The white desert, which on first glance looks like snow comes alive under the moonlight. It is actually the world’s largest salt marshes. The Arabian Sea covers the place during monsoons and after that goes back leaving salt behind and one of the most spectacular view. Nature beholds its best and the never ending horizon merges into the full moon light.
Other Places to visit
- Chari Daand is a sanctuary. Here you can gaze the birds moving playfully around in the water.
- Kala Dungar is the highest point in Kutch. You can also have a close view of Indo-Pak border.
- Visit Handicraft Villages: A trip to Kutch is incomplete without a visit to a few handicraft villages and workshops.
- Little Rann of Kutch is famous for the Wild Ass Sanctuary and the migratory birds from all over the world who arrive in droves in winter.
- The calm and clean Mandvi Beach is another attraction.
What to eat?
You will get vegetarian food in plenty. Kutchi cuisine is quite different from its Gujarati fare. It has no sweet but spicy flavours to enhance the taste.
How to reach Kutch?
Bhuj is the major city of Kutch. There are various Flights linking other cities to Bhuj. You can reach Ahmedabad or Mumbai and travel to Bhuj by road or rail.
If you want to muse over colours handicrafts, intricate art and craft, inexplicable melodies, white salt desert, Migratory birds like flamingos, cranes, paragliding, generous culture and Ancient civilization, then Rann of Kutch is the ideal place you are looking for!! We can’t agree more with the Gujarat Tourism tagline “Kutch nahi dekha tho kuch nahi dekha”.
Latest posts by Purvi Tibrewala (see all)
- Discover Gujarat’s Natural wonder – The Rann of Kutch!! - July 21, 2017
- Top 10 Gujarati food that you can swear by!! - July 14, 2017
- First Underwater restaurant in India: The Real Poseidon, Ahmedabad - June 27, 2017